The Silver Spring Township Police Department is participating in the 2014 Cumberland County Police Testing Consortium. Please check the
link for the dates and application information.
Police Officer - School Resource Officer Position:
POLICE OFFICER - SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICER
The Silver Spring Township Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer with special assignment as School Resource Officer.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- High School or GED
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must have 5 years previous police experience
- Applicants with DARE, SRO or similar experience are preferred
- Applicants shall be certified or able to become certified as a PA Police Officer through MPOETC
- Applicants shall pass all written, oral, and physical agility examinations
- Physical, psychological and eye examinations (MPOETC Standards)
Applications may be picked up at the Silver Spring Township Police Department, 5 Willow Mill Park Road, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050. They are also available online.
Applications, along a resume, must be completed and returned by the end of the work day on Friday, August 8, 2014.